Hello everybody, My name is HighJewElfKing and I am the Senior Bureaucrat over on South Park Archives. I come to the SP Game Wiki today to address both admins and users here about something we’ve discussed at SPA for a long time. I come to you all today with a proposal that we merge the South Park Game Wiki into South Park Archives. I have 6 reasons why we at SPA believe this will benefit the editors at both communities, and most importantly the users and readers.
1. South Park Archives gets more page views and viewership on average: During Season 22 our main character pages like Cartman and Kenny got 29,000+ and 36,000+ respectively. Our WAM score has consistently been in the top 50 during the season, peaking at number 10 last season. The SP Game wiki has a peak rank of 233 on the WAM score. The bottom line is South Park Archives gets more page views and more users find us for content.
2. South Park Archives already has video game content: When the SP Game wiki was created, the past South Park Archives admins voted to not have Stick of Truth content on SPA and instead have a separate wiki. After I took over in May 2017, We started making Fractured But Whole and Phone Destroyer content on South Park Archives, we currently have pages on PD cards, events, missions, characters, and images. For Fractured But Whole we currently have pages for Characters, Missions, Collectibles, The different game editions, DLC and Achievements, we also plan to work on game scripts this year. (edited)
3. South Park Archives has more editors: Again a benefit for everybody, we have more editors with over 200 contributing on average per day during Season 22 and over 50 per day during most off-season days. More editors mean more content for viewers.
4. South Park Archives has better organization and tools available for editors: We have many dev scripts on the wiki that help editors and tools that help admins like the abuse filter, a robust manual of style and tons of pre-set templates which would make moving content to SPA easy.
5. South Park Archives has a active Discussions and Discord Community:
Another benefit is that we have a huge Discord with over 236 members and our Discussions get lots of new views each day. We also have a presence on the FANDOM app which allows people with mobile devices to join a discussion post or view wiki content from their phone.
6. South Park Archives has years of reputation: South Park Archives was founded all the way back in 2005 and South Park’s official wiki was created because of us it’s widely said. Many people trust our wiki for information because of our years of experience.
I believe the benefits South Park Archives can offer to the SP Game wiki community and to readers looking for South Park information on FANDOM by having it in ONE PLACE are huge. We’re more than willing to give SP Game wiki admins admin rights on SPA and have them join our community to make the transition easier. We’re also able to get the help of FANDOM staff and bots to help the transition as well. With Gamepedia’s two South Park game wikis joining us in the near future on FANDOM, it’s never been a better time for something like this merger to happen.
We know this is going to require some further discussion, especially between the users and editors and definitely the admins here and we have no problem with that. I’m asking everybody here to please strongly consider this and let me know what your verdict is in the near future. Combined, we can meet and exceed the needs of the South Park Game community on FANDOM as one. If you have any questions please contact me on my wall either here on SPA, I’m looking forward to answering them if there are any.
Thanks for your attention and time, we look forward to hearing from the community soon.
-HighJewElfKing (SPA Senior Bureaucrat), Jamesb1 (SPA Lead Bureaucrat), SilasGrevas12 (SPA Assistant Bureaucrat), Technical58CZ (SPA Admin), Cryptar (SPA Admin)